Monday, May 2, 2011

Back at the helm

It has been over 4 weeks now and I am long overdue an update.  But rather than share stories of the numerous hours I spend in the library or the thousands of words I have typed in completing the several uni exams and assignments that happened to fall in the period while I wasn't training, which but a severe dampener on the shenanigans during my time off, I thought it would be much more entertaining to share something in relation to triathlon and of much more interest.

The two week break is done and dusted now and I have been back in training for 3 weeks now and am feeling great and just really looking forward to getting out there and racing and hopefully continuing with my run of good form and improving on that.  It was enough time to recharge the body both mentally and physically without losing too much of my fitness.

While recharging on that break I also had the chance to get a bit of networking done and with that I am pleased to announce that I have signed a deal with Ryders Eyewear and I will be using their sunglasses and hats in racing and training for the remainder of the season.  Their products are great and with their 'Vision Driven Performance," I can see great opportunities in working with Ryders over the coming year.  I will be racing and training in the Flame and Transition models so be sure to keep your eyes on them!  Also stay tuned for more news in the coming weeks...

Luckily I don't have long to wait until the next race which will be next weekend where I'll be competing in the BRW Corporate Teams Triathlon at the Gold Coast and with Queensland Gas Corporation putting us up at Q1 for the weekend it should be a very enjoyable weekend and also a great chance to get some race fitness under the belt so soon after the break.  But I might have some serious explaining to do come Sunday afternoon, with it not only being Mother's Day but also my sister's 19th birthday so I'll be darting back from the race to make myself present for the occasions.
Apart from this race it is looking like my next big race will be the ITU Continental Cup event in Gamagori, Japan towards the end of June which also happens to fall on my dad's birthday; so I'm not having much luck in that department this season by the looks of it but it is also the only race that falls while I am on uni holidays and can afford to get away.

So with all that out of the way and now well and truely back at the helm with both my training and blogging endeavours you can be sure there will be many more blogs in the coming weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites