Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Stingers

After the downpour of rain we were subjected to on our Wednesday morning rain I finally decided it was time to give the Malvern Star a much needed wash and clean is so dearly needed.  While I was doing this I also managed to re-mount my Bryton Rider 50T which has for some time been relegated to the back pocket after earlier model mounts kept failing but I can already say the new mounts are a significant improvement and there is no chance of the computer dislodging itself any time soon!  And with the aid of a few helpful youtube videos, I also created a nifty mount for a video camera in between my aerobars and with all this technology aboard I was able to collect plenty of data from this mornings training and thought I'd share some of it.

Our Friday mornings tend to bring out the best and worst of people in our squad who are normally hanging out for the afternoon off by the time the punishment is complete, hence the collective agreement on "Friday Stingers."  After an extended 2 hour swim set to start off the morning we transitioned to our bikes to tackle the Nundah crit track.  The mornings recipe for punishment involved a 20-lap TT (and for those not familiar with the track, it is 1.2km long).

Below is a small snapshot of the TT as well as the link to the Bryton data file showing a rather impressive 42.3km/hr average for the total 23.5km.  Enjoy!



The punishment was certainly all worth it for the coffee and most importantly a well earned afternoon off before tackling it all again in the morning. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites