Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Monday misfortunes

This isn't exactly the kind of post I'd like to be posting at this stage but never the less, this is how my week started off... 

Following the race at Robina on the weekend I headed out for an easy hour run through the forests of Brookfield.  I regularly run through these trails and greatly enjoy the change of scenary it brings from running around the roads that can become somewhat dull and mundane and for the first 40min of this run I was thinking how great it is to start a morning off like this and how good it is to be able to do what I do.  Unfortunately things came unstuck after that and I took a pretty bad tumble after tripping on a rock while heading down one of the hills and was unable to regain my balance.  I still had another 20min to jog/ hobble back to the car and must have looked quiet the sight with gravel, mud and blood all over me.



About 2.5hrs later I finally got out of the doctors surgery with 5 stitches in my arm and my knee, hip and chest covered with bandages from the grazes.  Needless to say not much training will be happening for at least the next few days and I'm going to be taking this opportunity to give my body the rest it is probably crying out for and to also kick this flu for good well and truly before I get back out there training for the next race.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites